|Little Pigtail Girl CAL|
Part One: The Head
The hair will be covered later.
Simply Soft from Caron in Light Country Peach
1- 3.5 mm/E hook
1 piece of different colored string or marker
1 pr of 12mm or even 15mm solid black eyes
(or black embroidery thread and needle to sew on eyes if this
project is made for a child < 3 yrs of age.
100% Polyfill for stuffing
1- 6 oz./170 gm Caron Simply Soft will make almost 2 dolls.
Using single crochet (sc) with combinations of increasing sc and
|Quick look as we increase using a marker especially for Steps 7-17.|
- 1. Single crochet (sc) 7 into 2nd chain stitch (st) from the hook .
- [You may use the magic loop if you want. I personally like the other way.]
- 2. 2 sc in each 7st. .  (beginning to increase)
- 3. (Sc 1, sc 2 in next st)*, now repeat * 6 more times. 
- 4. (Sc 2, sc 2 in next st)*, now repeat * 6 more times. 
- 5. (Sc 3, sc 2 in next st)*, now repeat * 6 more times. 
- 6. (Sc 4, sc 2 in next st)*, now repeat * 6 more times. 
- Stopping the increasing and now creating the main part of the face.
- 7-17. Sc 42 sts around for 10 rows. Use your marker or your piece of yarn to designate the first st.
plastic eyes in the designated area without snapping the back part on (just in case you miss the position like I do sometimes and have to almost rip off...don't do that!)
|See the dec st make 7 cool angles see your eye placements|
Some designers favor to start filling the head at this point but I found that you get that fuzz caught on the hook.
My suggestion is to do some decreasing sc rounds and then start to fill as well as look at how the eye placement appears. (This goes for embroidery or even placing black felt pieces and embroidering around)
- 18. (Sc 4, decrease (dec) 1)*, repeat 6 more times. 
- 19. (Sc 3, dec 1)*, repeat 6 more times. 
- 20. (Sc 2, dec 1)*, repeat 6 more times. 
- 21. (Sc 1, dec 1)*, repeat 6 more times. 
|Better shaping and better eye placement.|